This is the second or third time I’ve participated in raising awareness and funds for the research that is being done for prostate cancer and men’s mental health. If you can make a small donation to the Movember Foundation, it would be greatly appreciated. It only takes about 5 minutes online, and you will get a tax receipt emailed to you within minutes. To make a donation, you can click this link:
and donate online using your credit card or PayPal account.
The Movember community has raised $574 million to date and funded over 800 programs in 21 countries. This work is saving and improving the lives of men affected by prostate cancer, testicular cancer and mental health issues. The annual Movember campaign is designed to encourage men to grow moustaches and build community support for men’s health through an innovative, fun and engaging annual campaign.
The purpose of the Movember campaign is to:
- Raise funds for the Movember Foundation’s men’s health programs;
- Encourage conversations about men’s health that lead to: 1) Awareness and understanding of the health risks men face; and 2) Men taking action to remain well.
Prostate and Testicular Cancer – Results Movember seeks to achieve:
- Men living with prostate or testicular cancer have the treatment and care needed to be physically and mentally well.
Mental Health – Results Movember seeks to achieve:
- Men and boys are mentally healthy and take action to remain so;
- When men and boys experience mental health problems they take action early; and
- Men and boys with mental health problems are not discriminated against.
If you would like to donate, please click on the link below, or the photograph above.
For more details on how the funds raised from previous campaigns have been used and the impact Movember is having please go to http://ca.movemberfoundation.com/research-and-programs/